Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Super Sales


  Has a sale ever persuaded you to buy something you didn't expect to at first?








Occasionally when I go food shopping I'll enter the store with a specific list of items I need to get to stay within my budget, but get persuaded into buying sale items and end up spending more. The theory that I'm getting more for less sometimes convinces me to go over budget for items I may not need, just because at the time I assume I'm getting a good deal. For instance while passing through the drink aisle and I'll see that two liter sodas are "buy-one-get-one" free, and I get caught up in the deal aspect, as opposed to the fact that I didn't even plan to buy soda. I have gotten better at only buying the items that I intended to get when I made my list at home, but its still tempting to buy sale items. I am sure this is exactly what store owners want to have happen, however it can make cost conscious shopping difficult at times.

Do you find yourself doing the same when you shop? Have you ever had to cut another shopping trip short because of splurging for sale items the week prior?

No comments:

Post a Comment